Monday, October 5, 2015

Real Life v Screen Life


Yesterday my little family was in Seattle, and Gibson, scruffy and I were riding on a carousel. There was this younger girl in front of us, riding on a horse... Gibson was pretending our horses were racing, like on Mary Poppins, because I usually do that with him. We were playing make believe and laughing and smiling and looking around. The young girl was taking picture after picture and doing something which each one, snap chatting it, face booking it, instagraming it, texting it... It blew my mind a little. I thought for a few minutes about what it would be like to do things in life for the reason  of showing others what I am doing. Doing things in life just to give the illusion that you are busy doing something fun. 
The boys and I enjoy doing things for the experience. We do things in life because we want to. Nothing holds us back from doing what we want to do. Not people, not money, not circumstance, and especially not our own limitations that we can sometimes put on ourselves. Everything in life can be obtained, acquired, experienced if we want. If I could tell people of the world just one thing, today, it would be to "Do What You Want". 
Stop caring about other people. Because once you do things for you and not for anyone else, thats when you have the capacity to care for other people. Do what you want. Every day. Every minute. If you are about to do something, ask yourself why you are doing it. Is it for me? Is it because I want to? Or, am I doing it to please someone else? 
In my 30 years on this planet, in this body, I have finally learned that being selfish is so very important. Having a healthy view of "Self" is one of the most important lessons I have ever learned. When you take care of yourself, in every possible way (emotionally, physically, psychologically) you open yourself up to a higher level of living. You are suddenly capable of doing anything. You are available to help anyone around you. You are open to teach and learn. You are free to love and be loved. 
For my boys to see me in a completely whole state, happy, doing what I want in my life - its gives them the ability to do the same. They see me beaming with joy. They are happy when I am happy. And thru my ability to do and be what I want, my wanting is to create the most perfect life for them. I want their lives to be full of adventure and learning and new experiences and love... so much love. I want to harness so much positive energy through my experience in raising them that they should never need to heal from their childhood. I have chosen to be responsible for the wellbeing and growth of two human beings, and this task I plan to exceed at in every possible way. 
For those of you out there searching for a path for healing, set an intention, ask for help, allow the change. My tiny house journey is more than just building a tiny house, so much more, it is also a journey towards a life and lifestyle that is more aligned with me and who I am and what I am here to do. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thinkin!